Safety and Security mission
CLIENT: Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) Work for the United Nations
PROJECT: In charge of the safety of GIZ staff In Mali for an electoral observation mission.
CHALLENGE: Ensure the safety and security of over 100 people in a very uncertain security context.
- Risk assessment
- Emergency Management Unit
- Developing evacuation plans
- Close protection and continuous monitoring
RESULTS: Customer satisfaction and reference letter
Protection of diplomatic mission
CLIENT: The European Union
PROJECT: To ensure the safety of European Union personnel and goods in Colombia.
CHALLENGE: Safety management of diplomats in Colombia
- Non stop monitoring, patrols and screening of visitors
- Traning program for th EU delegates
- Crisi Management
RESULTS: Customer satisfaction and reference letter
Tripoli - Benghazi - Sebha
CLIENT: European aeronautics group
PROJECT: Aeronauticmaintenance contract for a local airline.
CHALLENGE: To manage the security of a team of engineers deployed in Libya.
- Accompaniment of staff during trips and at their accomodation
- Provision of support staff trained in safe driving
- Staff training on safety procedures and first aid
- Provision of a 24/7 emergency phone number
- Permanent reporting back to the client's safety management team
RESULTS: The client was able to carry out its operations in complete security for more than 3 years, despite the changing security conditions.
Tripoli - Libya
CLIENT: Ambassadors to Western countries
PROJECT: Visit of ambassadors Libyan authorities
CHALLENGE: To provide a security detail to ambassadors during their movements in Tripoli.
- Provision of an advanced team
- Reception of ambassadors and their team
- Provision of an expat security detail
- Provision of logistical solutions
- Logistics coordinated alongside local authorities
RESULTS: Ambassadors were able to restore their credentials and organize business meetings in complete security.
CLIENT: Major telecom company
PROJECT: WACS Cable-Laying operations
CHALLENGE: Protect its crew and assets throughout the duration of a major transnational cable-laying operation.
- Design a bespoke solution
- Conduct risk assesment and hardening of the vessel
- Deliver briefing and training to the client's personnel
- Act as liaison between the local authorities and the client
- Deploy and coordinate the security set-up
RESULTS: The operations were successfully conducted
Business Travellers security
- Provide access to a 24/7 security information portal.
- Establish a secure support and global positioning system.
- Provide a local coordinator.
RESULTS: The resources put in place enabled the safe and effective launch of the project.
- Prepare security plans and procedures.
- Establish an operational team to train and supervise 600 guards.
- Ensure the administrative and socio-economic management of the site.
- Act as liaison between the police, employees, regional authorities and our client.
RESULTS: The project was completed on time and without incident.
PROJECT: Coverage of a sporting event.
CHALLENGE: To ensure the safety of VIP guests and 120 on-site employees.
- Provide training for the teams before their departure.
- Establish a security risk monitoring service.
- Close protection of VIPs.
- Establish a secure support system for journalists and technicians.
RESULTS: While many foreign journalists were victims of petty crime, no incidents were reported among the teams and VIPs supervised by GEOS.
Afrique de L'Ouest
CLIENT: Multiple clients based in the region.
PROJECT: Crisis management.
CHALLENGE: To provide an effective response to crisis situations.
- Protect over 150 expatriates and their families.
- Establish a plan for the emergency evacuation of personnel by air.
- Establish a business continuity support service.
RESULTS: Our customers have been able to safeguard their economic interests.
Security for major projects
CLIENT: Consortium for a rail project.
PROJECT: Construction of transnational rail infrastructure.
CHALLENGE: To define and provide input to the project planning phase.
- Update the security principles and standards applicable to the infrastructure.
- Conduct detailed studies on access control, security organisation, estimated costs, etc.
RESULTS: GEOS provided support and advice to the various infrastructure designers during the project planning phase.
CLIENT: Major oil group.
PROJECT: Drilling project.
CHALLENGE: To evaluate the security situation with a view to protecting its employees.
- Identify and anticipate threats.
- Assist our client to make the best decisions regarding the movement of their employees.
- Provide training for employees before their departure.
RESULTS: During the project, expatriates of the oil group experienced no security issues.
CLIENT: Private hospital operator.
PROJECT: Implementation of an extensive clinic acquisition programme in France.
CHALLENGE: To manage the impact on the organisation and the group's image with its local partners and the media.
- Assist the group to establish a cross-functionnal risk and crisis management system.
- Prepare Group Risk Managers for public speaking.
- Train personnel on newly established procedures.
RESULTS: The client was able to successfully complete the acquisitions.